[smc-discuss] [gnome] Gnome 2.24 Malayalam

Ani Peter peter.ani at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 09:53:23 PDT 2008

Glad Hari and Santhosh has already done the flag off for Gnome 2.24
Malayalam Translation.

So from today on we will be concentrating on Gnome 2.24 Translation. The
deadline for Gnome 2.24 will be September first week. For Gnome, a
language to be fully supported, we need to have Gnome UI translations at
http://l10n.gnome.org/languages/ml/gnome-2-24 to be 80%. Currently, our
status is 75%.

Our procedures will be exactly same like we followed for KDE.

1. Pick up the file you want from gnome status page :
http://l10n.gnome.org/languages/ml/gnome-2-24 after cross checking with
http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/GNOME/മലയാളം.
2. Make sure you enter your name and file name in the wiki
3. Save the pot files from the gnome status page as .po files and start
working on them using any text editors or po editors like
kbabel/gedit/poedit(new version)/kwrite
4. Send the translated file to the list and edit wiki accordingly.

As Santhosh said, our target must be 100% translation for this release,
but concentrating more on the quality of translations. Hence I think for
Gnome we need to have two teams/squad - one for review and another for
translation. The review team may take up a completed file from
http://l10n.gnome.org/languages/ml/gnome-2-24

I would recommend the following people for the Review Squad. - Sasi Sir,
Anil, Manilal, Santhosh, Shiju, Anivar, Praveen, Ani. I would be really
glad to have more number of experienced persons for this team. We can
maintain a table on the wiki: http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/GNOME/മലയാളം for
the files taken for review. What do you all think??

The translation squad now has following members: Manu, Hari, Pratheesh,
Afsal, Sujith, Smitha, Sushma, Ragsagar, Chandrettan, Anoop, Anoopan,
Syam, Sankaranarayanan, Shiju, Remya, Santhosh, Praveen, Ani. I kindly
request more people to join the squad to make this a success.

So guys, please start your translation work. Go ahead, choose and file
and get set go.......

Please send valuable suggestions/comments for the review procedure that
I have mentioned above.

Thanking you

Best regards
Ani

സ്വതന്ത്ര മലയാളം കമ്പ്യൂട്ടിങ്ങ് - എന്റെ കമ്പ്യൂട്ടറിന് എന്റെ ഭാഷ
പിരിഞ്ഞു പോകാന്‍: smc-discuss-unsubscribe at googlegroups.com