[smc-discuss] English-Malayalam Wiktionary

V. Sasi Kumar sasi.fsf at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 11:02:26 PDT 2008

I happened to see the Malayalam Wiktionary and the English-Malayalam one
there. There are only a few words, just around a thousand, and I suspect
some of the meanings are not very correct. For instance, one of the
meanings given for the word ability was കരുത്ത്.  I don't think that
word has that meaning. I tried to write this in the discuss page for the
word, but the letters would not appear, as though the foreground colour
was white. Does anyone know what the problem could be? Whether it is the
problem with my browser (Firefox 3) or something else?

In fact, I was thinking of starting an English-Malayalam online
dictionary when I saw this. I did not know that there was such a thing
in Wiktionary. I have registered there, and would like to contribute.
But I am confused, not able to understand how to enter a new word and
things like that. Further, I thought the layout is similar to that of
Wikipedia, which is not exactly the best thing for a dictionary. Or am I
wrong? I may be able to find others to help too.

Any suggestions, help, welcome.

Best
--
Dr. V. Sasi Kumar
Please visit http://keralachinthakal.blogspot.com/

സ്വതന്ത്ര മലയാളം കമ്പ്യൂട്ടിങ്ങ് - എന്റെ കമ്പ്യൂട്ടറിന് എന്റെ ഭാഷ
പിരിഞ്ഞു പോകാന്‍: smc-discuss-unsubscribe at googlegroups.com