[gnu.org #351798] Unacceptable behavior of Malayalam coordinator and www-ml administrator

Anivar Aravind via RT web-translators at gnu.org
Wed Jul 2 22:50:27 PDT 2008

vivekcherian at gmail.com via RT wrote:
> Hi Yavor and Team,
>

> On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 1:04 AM, Yavor Doganov via RT <
> web-translators at gnu.org> wrote:
>
>> vivekcherian at gmail.com via RT wrote:
>> Please give valid reasons, including, but not limited to:

> When I had asked Anivar if he could co-operate with us in any way with the
> Software Freedom Day 2005,  he said that he  was not interested as he was
> more interested in running Malayalam Localization under the Umbrella of
> another NGO that he had founded in his native place.

Dear Vivek, Stop puting FUD on me and my works. I was on travel for past
few days and didnt able to follow this thread on time.

You dont have any right to distort fact with your conspiracy theories.
Now you are also puting FUD on GAIA which is no way related with
malayalam computing. It's involvement is only on providing space for
some Sprints & meetings.

> He asked me and also told me that he would like me and Vimal (who was
> formerly my colleague at SPACE-Kerala) to  work as volunteers for his Non
> Governmental Organisation (GAIA), an offer I very politely refused as I had
> better offers at that point of time.

None of GAIA's Volunteers worked with any L10n efforts. People in cc'd
list knows it well and I never invited on even think of calling you or
vimal to work with GAIA, which is not working on any malayalam
computing. Vimal can clarify this.

> The grudge that Anivar has against me is understandable and the name calling
> that he has performed earlier in here is also understandable.  This is what
> is commonly known as professional jealousy.

I pity to you Vivek, I clearly know your capacities and why you are
afraid now. I cant find even one reason for any kind of jealous on you.
I dont want to engage in a Flame war. But you dont have any right to
tell lies and defame people .

> Anivar has systematically engaged in a game of deception and lies and
> spreading mis information about me and  misguiding newer contributors like
> Praveen, Shyam and a host of others into projecting me as a villian in front
> of the GNU Malayalam community.

Please look at chronology

1. Praveen is asking you to add him as a co-admin of the dead group. You
are denying it and anwer, another admin is supporting it

2. I am filing bug about changing project description as www-ml work. In
the bug I ask you to remove mention of other L10n and development work
not done by this project (it was already did by smc)

3. As a response you removed All other project members except
Ramakrishnan , also the co-admin Anwar . and closes the bug marking as spam

4. Praveen complains to wen-traslators at gnu.org , Rest is in the thread.

5. You contitnue to play gimmics. Started lists, sending PDF file  of
gnu.org front page translation, and FUDs  as enough..

-----
It is enough vivek, Dont play like politicians who born for chairs

I also expect you will remove the titles you are keeping on your CV
without doing any work (gnu-malayalam-project leader and
Debian-malayalam project coordinator) . I am happy if you can start as a
member of the new team and earn the trust of the team at first. You need
to work to get the credits. gimmics wont help you on this

>>> GNU Malayalam locatisation
>> Another thing which I've said before: please stop calling the `www-ml'
>> project this way.  GNU is an operating system and the localization of
>> the various programs, libraries and documentation (many of them are
>> not even GNU packages) is not and is not going to be handled by
>> `www-ml'.  The `www-LANG' projects are projects for translating
>> gnu.org essays and articles -- nothing more, nothing less.
>>

> Thank you for clarifying that the GNU Malaylam Project ( which I founded in
> 2004) and the www-ml project are 2 different  projects.
>
> The GNU Malayalam Project (gmp) will continue to function with it's stated
> obejctives of providing comprehensive malayalam support to the GNU operating
> system, development of fonts, rendering engine support for desktop
> environments and applications, translation of GNU manuals.

I request yavor to take needed action. We dont need to waste time for
autocratic politicians who cry for their chairs...

I am ok with shyam. but if needed we can conduct a voting of translators
& reviewers