[smc-discuss] Re: മറുപടി: [smc-discuss] ISCII to Unicode converter

Gopal Koduri gopal.iiit at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 08:54:29 PDT 2008

Hi!

I'm new to this group, has contributed to padma in writing mapping
files for few fonts.

regarding the problem in conversion, if you want a simple solution(for
few files)..

1.just install the padma plugin for firefox.
2.copy the whole text into a html file and add at the beginning of the
file <font face="ML-TTKarthika">.
3.open that file in firefox, right click and then select an option
'convert to unicode'.

thats it.

If you want to batch convert more files, let me know, I'll hand over a
script to be used with unigateway project.(a php stem from padma).

Regards,
Gopal Koduri

On Jun 6, 8:36 am, "Santhosh Thottingal" <santhos... at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/6/5, Anoop John <anoopj... at gmail.com>:> Hello,
> > I have received a pdf document with malayalam text possibly created
> > using ism and the font is ML-Karthika. How can I convert this text to
> > unicode? I tried a google search and did not come across any ready to
> > use tool
>
> What ? Google didnot find "Payyans"?! ;)
> Anoop,
> Seehttp://fci.wikia.com/wiki/SMC/Payyans
>
> Thanks
> Santhosh Thottingal

സ്വതന്ത്ര മലയാളം കമ്പ്യൂട്ടിങ്ങ് - എന്റെ കമ്പ്യൂട്ടറിന് എന്റെ ഭാഷ
പിരിഞ്ഞു പോകാന്‍: smc-discuss-unsubscribe at googlegroups.com