[smc-discuss] Re: fsfs.in and SMC

Anivar Aravind anivar.aravind at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 08:03:55 PST 2008

2008/11/20 ashik salahudeen <aashiks at gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
>

> I hope all of you have heard about Free Software Free Society Conference -
> December 2008 [ http://fsfs.in ]. This is an opportunity to showcase SMC and
> its contributions to Malayalam Computing. The organizers have promised 10 to
> 15 stalls for the Free Software Communities and we will have space there.
> Posters , pamphlets and demo can be arranged. I am starting this thread so
> we can plan for what can be done there.

There was a communication happed with arun sometime before regarding this.

We requested 5 Computers+one Projector  for the stall and some travel
support for some student volunteers. dont know the status of it. Can
you follow up this?

Also we are planning to Release Malayalam Translation of RMS's
articles സ്വാതന്ത്ര്യം , സോഫ്റ്റ്‌വെയര്‍ , സമൂഹം in FSFS. Shyam is
working on typesetting it in latex. Hiran & Unni is working on
designing.  Lets plan public event in such a manner to highlight this.
We need someone to accept First copy from RMS and we need some
celebrity to write a Forward

Anivar

--
Any responsible politician should be encouraging a home grown Free
Software industry because it creates the basis for future jobs.