Fwd: [ILUG-Cochin.org] Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 released

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 09:52:47 PST 2009

Forwarded conversation
Subject: [ILUG-Cochin.org] Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 released
------------------------

From: *Balakrishnan Pillai* <mbpillai at gmail.com>
Date: 2009/2/15

hi all

<Quote>
February 14th, 2009

The Debian Project is pleased to announce the official release of
Debian GNU/Linux version 5.0 (codenamed Lenny) after 22 months of
constant development. Debian GNU/Linux is a free operating system
which supports a total of twelve processor architectures and includes
the KDE, GNOME, Xfce, and LXDE desktop environments. It also features
compatibility with the FHS v2.3 and software developed for version 3.2
of the LSB.
</Quote>

Have a look at http://www.debian.org/News/2009/20090214

with regards