[ILUG-Cochin.org] Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 released

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 09:52:12 PST 2009

2009/2/15 Balakrishnan Pillai <mbpillai at gmail.com>:
> Have a look at http://www.debian.org/News/2009/20090214

For the first time, we have an Indian language translation of the
release notes. Read the release notes in Malayalam at
http://www.debian.org/releases/lenny/releasenotes

(We have completed 85%, and anyone interested can join to complete it 100%).

മലയാളം പരിഭാഷ ചെയ്തതു്: മണിലാല്‍ കെഎം, പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍,
പ്രവീണ്‍ പി, ശങ്കരനാരായണന്‍, ശ്യാം കൃഷ്ണന്‍

From etch release onwards installation can be done with Malayalam
interface. This time we have improved/flawless Malayalam rendering,
thanks to Pango fixes by Suresh. Also many spelling corrections and
other improvements are done to the translations.

For a video walk through of the instalation in Malayalam see
http://blip.tv/file/1722584/
http://gnupravi.blip.tv/file/1722620/
http://gnupravi.blip.tv/file/1725047/
http://gnupravi.blip.tv/file/1725153/ (may be skipped, as it is just
the progress bar from the installation perpective, but can listen to
my narrations)

http://gnupravi.blip.tv/file/1725300/  (may be skipped, as it is just
the progress bar from the installation perpective, but can listen to
my narrations)

http://gnupravi.blip.tv/file/1725358/

This is made possible with the efforts of many translators in the
Swathanthra Malayalam Computing (http://www.smc.org.in) community.
Thanks to everyone participated in this.

--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
(as seen on /.)