[Indlinux-group] Indic L10n status

Ankit Patel ankit644 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 24 07:32:00 PST 2009

G Karunakar <karunakar at indlinux.org> wrote:
> Ankit Patel wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >
> > Hi Karunakar,
> >
> >>  I am updating Indic l10n status matrix. Please
> check
> >>
> >> http://indlinux.org/doc/status08.xhtml
> >>
> >>  and update on current status of various
> languages.
> >
> > This is really going to be very helpful to track the
> status of all Indic
> > languages.
> >
> >> Any suggestions
> >> on adding new caterogries or languages also
> welcome.
> >
> > Some of the categories about which I am unclear is,
> "website", "list",
> > "Mozilla*", "Glossary". Is it
> possible to get the upstream URLs of the
> > statistics for all these categories inside the colored
> boxes. That will
> > clear my doubts probably.
> >

> website - if the project/group has website/portal giving
> info about
> project/activities
>
> list - if there is a mailing list which is used for
> communication. Blue
> for list would indicate relatively low volume,  Red
> indicating no list.
>
> Mozilla* - to refer wrt Indic rendering in Mozilla
> products, printing etc.
>
> Glossary - wrt gnome-glossary which existed, now could
> refer to FUEL or
> any other glossary maintained by language team.

Got it. Thanks Karunakar! :)

For Gujarati:-

Kmail is translated. http://i18n.kde.org/stats/gui/stable-kde4/team/gu/kdebase/

Drupal was translated by Kartik sometime back, I guess. Kartik please confirm. (Btw, I translated Xoops to Gujarati, non-famous CMS :)

Collation in Gujarati is already in use.

Dictionary, Spell-Checker - No idea, what's done/not done here!

Thanks!
Ankit