[ILUG-BOM] [X Post] Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 released

Kumar Appaiah a.kumar at alumni.iitm.ac.in
Tue Feb 17 09:54:34 PST 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 11:35 AM, Rony <gnulinuxist at gmail.com> wrote:
> Those who want to download the DVD iso and find the dvd servers slow,
> can use the jigdo download method. It downloads all packages
> individually and assembles everything into an ISO inside your pc.
> http://debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/

Thanks for pointing this out. I actually recommend that people use
jigdo irrespective of whether they have a fast or slow mirror.

You might also want to try ftp://ftp.iitm.ac.in/debian with jigdo,
especially if you are in Chennai (it has been fast for me in Chennai).
As I write this, archive update is in progress though. (A file called
Archive-Update-in-Progress-rocky-mountain.csail.mit.edu.lock is
present there at this time).

Kumar
--
Kumar