[smc-discuss] Re: latex malayalam support - aka fix debian release notes pdf

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 23:37:31 PST 2009

11 February 2009 8:07 PM നു, V. Sasi Kumar <sasi.fsf at gmail.com> എഴുതി:
> Can you please say how you did this? Which Malayalam package did you
> use?

The command used is

dblatex --style=db2latex \
    --xslt-opts=--nonet --no-external \
    --xsl-user=hyphenation.xsl \
    --param=draft.mode=$(draftmode) \
    --param=format=a4 \
    --param=glossterm.auto.link=1 \
    --param=latex.encoding=utf8 \
    --param=latex.unicode.use=1 \
    --param=lingua=$(LINGUA) \
    --param=monoseq.hyphenation=nohyphen

> I have been using Malayalam LaTeX for quite some time and I have never
> had any problems. If you are keying in Malayalam Unicode, you can use
> Omega Malayalam (\usepackage{omal}), or you can use the older
> transliteration package (both by Alex A.J.), and you can get both old
> lipi or new lipi using either. It comes out beautifully.

which package has Malayalam support? In this case the package used is
dblatex. I'm  a big zero with latex and its nuances, can any tex
'pulies' help?

--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
(as seen on /.)