[smc-discuss] Converting Ambili Font based ASCII Encoded Malayalam Documents to Unicode

Santhosh Thottingal santhosh.thottingal at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 18:53:36 PST 2009

From http://www.zyxware.com/articles/2009/02/01/converting-ambili-font-based-ascii-encoded-malayalam-documents-to-unicode

"We recently had to convert quite a lot of Ambili Font based ASCII
Encoded pdf documents as part as a project we were working on. With
proper guidance from Swathanthra Malayalam Computing, more precisely
from Santhosh Thottingal we were able to use the Payyans Unicode
Converter for Malayalam for this. As is our practice, we made sure
that our efforts would also benefit the community by creating the font
map for Ambili font and we are releasing it under GPL v3."

A good example of community help users and users contribute back to community

Thanks zyxware

Btw, Payyans(http://wiki.smc.org.in/Payyans) has been improved a lot
and we will be releasing a new version soon. More on that later

-Santhosh Thottingal