[School-GNU-Linux] Fwd: [fsug-tvm] Re: Fwd: [ILUG-Cochin.org] Swathanthra Software Sangamam

sanalkumar mr sanalmadatheth at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 04:13:06 PST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: sanalkumar mr <sanalmadatheth at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 8:25 PM
Subject: Re: [fsug-tvm] Re: Fwd: [ILUG-Cochin.org] Swathanthra Software
Sangamam
To: ilug-tvm at googlegroups.com

Dear all.......The "Swathanthra software sangamam" held in V.H.S.S.Irimpanam
was a success as far as the students are concerned. The participation of
ILUG members was less.Except that everything was ok.The "SANGAMAM" was
inaugurated by Sri.Pramod , the Head of the Dept.of M.C.A. , CUSAT. The
opening session on Blender by Zadiq was interesting both to teachers and
students. Next session by Sreenadh also was interesting, but he didn't get
enough time to elaborate on Inkscape. JJacob spoke on the basic principles
of Free Software ie. freedom and truth.
The concluding session meant exclusively for teachers was led by J.J and
Sameer . It was focused mainly on the topic "why linux in schools?"...Plz
read the attached pdf file in Malayalam with photos......sanalkumar,vhss
irimpanam,irimpanam.p.o, tripunithura,ernakulam

please visit http://vhssirimpanam.org for report and photos of the programme

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 8:09 AM, sahani r <sahani.tvm at gmail.com> wrote:

> hello ALL,
> I wish all success for the "Swathanthra Software Sangamam"
> regards
> sahani
>

> On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 11:37 PM, Praveen A <pravi.a at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hello All,
>>
>> All of you are aware of the ILUG Cochin's initiatives to
>> bring the teachers closer to the Free Software Community.
>>
>> Although things are moving at snails pace, our last two
>> meetings have helped us interact with few teachers and
>> set our goals for our campaign.
>>
>> This campaign has 3 primary objectives :
>> - Enlighten teachers about the true concept of Free Software and
>> how it can create a new generation of students with core social
>> values and technical abilities.
>> - Provide Support to teachers for the Free Software Implementation
>> in Schools, the aim is make teachers self reliant.
>> - Help Students to explore the possibilities of Free Software
>> outside the academics.
>>
>> We take our campaign one step forward by organizing an event
>> in assosciation with the Vocational Higher Secondary School Irimpanam
>> http://vhssirimpanam.org/
>>

>> "Swathanthra Software Sangamam"
>>
>> - One Day Programme for students and teachers
>> - Session on " The significance of the Free Software Movement "
>> by Jay Jacob.
>> - Blender Workshop by Zadeek
>> - Inkscape Workshop by Sreenadh
>> - Interaction between Teachers and ILUG Cochin Community.
>>
>> Date : 10/02/2009
>> Time : 10:00 - 16:00
>> Location: VHSS Irimpanam, Near Thripunithura.
>>
>> This programme marks a very important chapter in the activities
>> of ILUG Cochin.
>>
>> All are cordially invited to this event.
>>
>> Members of the ILUG Cochin community need to make this event a
>> grand success.
>>
>> Thank You
>>
>> Regards
>> Sameer Mohamed Thahir

>> --
>> പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
>> <GPLv2> I know my rights; I want my phone call!
>> <DRM> What use is a phone call, if you are unable to speak?
>> (as seen on /.)
>> Join The DRM Elimination Crew Now!
>> http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/Anti-DRM-Campaign

> For details visit the website: www.ilug-tvm.org or the google group page:
> http://groups.google.com/group/ilug-tvm?hl=en

പറയാതെ പരിഭവം നീയൊന്നു മുടി കോതി-
ക്കഴിയുമ്പൊഴായുസ്സു തീരും
പറയാതെ പരിഭവം ഞാനൊന്നു നെടുവീര്‍പ്പിട്ടു-

--
പറയാതെ പരിഭവം നീയൊന്നു മുടി കോതി-
ക്കഴിയുമ്പൊഴായുസ്സു തീരും