[smc-discuss] Back Up inKDE

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 23:38:29 PDT 2009

5 June 2009 10:59 PM ല്‍, Jesse Francis<atjesse2 at gmail.com> എഴുതി:
> I'm using Kubuntu 8.10 rt now and am going to reinstall it. Is there
> any way to backup installed apps? I know AptonCD but they say that I
> should download GNOME base completely for it. Please reply
> fast...(windows-um adicch kalanjirikkuva...Konquerer enne kollunnu!)

I presume you installed the apps from the internet. You can backup
/var/cache/apt/archives and once your reinstallation is complete, put
the files back in the same place. Now if you install the apps again,
it won't be downloaded again. I don't know if this was the answer you
were expecting.

--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
(as seen on /.)