[smc-discuss] Re: Automatic atomic clock time synchronization

Jayaram R rjayaraam at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 19:15:03 PDT 2009

Hi, Praveen

Thank you.  I have   installed  NTP from synaptic.

On right clicking the clock on the panel,  the pop down menu appears ; on
clicking the option 'Adjust Date & Time' the window vanishes at this stage.
Sometimes the window  to enter the password appears,  but on clicking on the
'Set time' option the window vanishes  and nothing happens further. Can you
tell me why this part is so unstable ? Is it any bug?   Thanks.
 "Chronograph", however, still works.

Thank you.

Jayaram.