[smc-discuss] Re: Fwd: KERALA MAP IN KGEOGRAPHY, AMRITA UNIVERSITY

V. Sasi Kumar sasi.fsf at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 09:56:43 PDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-06-16 at 19:12 +0530, Santhosh Thottingal wrote:
> Somebody please help these students by testing this and giving comments.
> Keep it up sachin and Sreejith.
> Praveen, Can you build kdeedu package with these packages and have try?

Good work. I tried the files with kgeography. The only awkward part is
the pictures appearing as "flags". If we have a similar set for India, I
am sure it would make kgeography an eminently usable tool in schools. I
think we could also somewhat modify kgeography without much difficulty
to be used for other subjects. In Mathematics, for instance, we could
show different shapes (isosceles triangle, equilateral triangle,
pentagon, rhombus, parallelogram, etc.) instead of maps. Or, for
biology, we could show different parts of a flower, for instance.

Best
--
V. Sasi Kumar
Free Software Foundation of India