[smc-discuss] Silpa Down

Vasudev Kamath kamathvasudev at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 22:37:33 PST 2010

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 11:02 PM, Santhosh Thottingal <
santhosh.thottingal at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 10:57 PM, ashik salahudeen <aashiks at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I tried a git pull but nothing has changed :-? what did go wrong actually
> ?
>

> There was a recent commit in code that mandates Python 2.6 and the
> dreamhost does not have it. The mirror instances has local python
> installations of 2.6 and running with that.
> You have 2 choices- Either install python 2.6 in your home
> folder(compile source with prefix $HOME)
> or wait till we find out a solution to make it compatible with python
> 2.5 again. we are working on that.

I've fixed this code, now it works fine in both python2.5 and python2.6
without any issue. Code is committed to savannah repository. But I'm unable
to log into SMC vps to pull the new changes.
Getting this error
shell request failed on channel 0

> -Santhosh

Regards