[smc-discuss] Sarika Source Code

Santhosh Thottingal santhosh.thottingal at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 00:50:12 PST 2010

---- On Wed, 08 Dec 2010 00:31:18 -0800 Anish A  wrote ----

>Hai,
>
>    Where can I get the source code of sarika, Malayalam speech recognizer?
>
>http://wiki.smc.org.in/%E0%B4%B6%E0%B4%BE%E0%B4%B0%E0%B4%BF%E0%B4%95

Anish,
Sarika project is an abandoned project now. Shyam did experiments based on CMU Sphinx and he tried to train the system based on Sphinx based tools. He got good result for a speaker dependent,  limited vocabulary system. Beyond that everything was experiments and he could not proceed further.
AFAIK, He did not had anything to release as code written by him for the project, everything was about configuring and training CMU Sphinx.

He had written a paper on his observations, I dont have it with me right now.
Sreeja Manghat who attended a summer school on speech recognition system at Banglore along with Shyam is a member of our group.
If you are interested, she can give more information.

Thanks