[smc-discuss] Sarika Source Code

sreeja manghat sreeja.manghat at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 10:06:28 PST 2010

Hello Anish,
          As rightly mentioned below ,Sarika is a semi-continuous ,speaker
dependent system for very limited vocabulary based on Sphinx-2. It was a
really good starting point for Malayalam ASR.
The main challenge for Malayalam is initially to get the large speech
corpora and then forming the corresponding language and acoustic model .
Once this is in place properly, then the bigger challenge comes which is to
get the speaker independent recognition system and then finally to get
the continuous speech recognition system.
Also Sphinx is a tool which is mainly based on HMM , which was the explained
example tool for ASR in the summer school.And using it was just one
approach.There are others also.
Please let me know if there is any specific info that you are looking for.

Thanks and Regards
sreeja

.