[smc-discuss] Re: How to translate

Ark Arjun arkarjun at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 10:45:53 PDT 2010

2010/6/22 Ershad | ഇര്‍ഷാദ് <ershad92 at gmail.com>

> @Arjun,
>
> There's a tool called 'poedit', it helps you to translate easily.
>
> As Manilalettan said, please start by taking a file from kdebase. When
> you are completed (or ready to send it back), please mail this list as
> an attachment.
>
> All the best.
>
> -- Ershad
>
> --
> സ്വതന്ത്ര മലയാളം കമ്പ്യൂട്ടിങ്ങ് - എന്റെ കമ്പ്യൂട്ടറിനു് എന്റെ ഭാഷ
> സംരംഭം: https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/smc
> വെബ്‌സൈറ്റ് : http://smc.org.in  IRC ചാനല്‍ : #smc-project @ freenode

thanks for the reply,
I went through the above given link. And still i cant understand. where
shall I get the terms (ex: copy = പകര്‍തുക) ? I went through
http://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk-kde4/team/ml/kdebase/. But when i click
and open the ' .op ' file i see something which cannot read(a screen shot of
is attached with his mail.) And also when i open '.opt' file i get a file to
download and the contents is not familiar to me as they are like this
#: soliddeviceengine.cpp:106
msgid "Parent UDI"
msgstr ""

I am using Ubuntu 10.4. what should i do? what additional requirement are
needed ? From where shall i study the basics of translation.

thanks,
arkarjun