[smc-discuss] Malayalam Translation (K3b hand book+ Gnukhata)

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 05:31:09 PDT 2010

2010/6/1 sooraj kenoth <soorajkenoth at gmail.com>:
> Thank you Praveen. ,Mr. Manoj and I was trying to complete the
> translation before submitting. Anyway I'll submit it to the GnuKhata
> developer list today itself.

All projects like GNOME, KDE, debian, mozilla ... give commit access
to at least one volunteer from us. So ask gnukhata devels for commit
access to you or Manoj.

Once you gets the commit access we can follow the same procedure as
other projects and does not have to depend on someone from gnukhata to
commit it.

But send the final version here before you submit so that others can review it.

> @Ashik S
>
>>I remember Renjith sir from Barton Hill,tvm, saying that we can conduct one in Barton Hill >sometime in June. Is it posible to follow it up ?
>>

> The general objectives of the camp are
>
> # Get more volunteers in SMC project as contributer.
> #Create an awareness on SMC project and its significance
> #Help people to use Malayalam in computer.
>
> Event dependent objectives:
>
> Depending upon the selection of project and availability of resources
> there are event dependent objective.
>
> We already conducted one camp at TVM on March 27 and 28 in this year.
> It one of the camp where we got a good number of fresh volunteers(18).
> So I believe FSUG-TVM can take up this project. I can not forget the
> fact that I'm FSUG-TVM member, but I request somebody else from
> FSUG-TVM should take the initiative for this camp. Otherwise we can
> not scale it.

That would mean another goal,

# Empower new people to organize/coordinate similar camps. Documenting
steps and objectives (we already have it) are important for this.

> Kasaragod:
>
> It is my native place. Has less development. Less computer penetration
> and thus less Free Software Penetration. So I'm looking for a time
> such that most of the developer level volunteer will be available. I'm
> not sure that whether my strategy is correct. Here my objective is to
> attract maximum locally known personalities through these volunteers
> thus the public. I can offer a good cultural experience from
> Kasaragod.

Santhosh, Rajeesh, Nishan, and other coders

Suggest a date that will work for you.

> Thrissur:
> It is the place where we can easy get lot of experts. So it must be a
> "MEGA" event, preferably technical one. So we a have to organize some
> more camps before Thrissur camp.

yups.
--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍