[smc-discuss]

Deepa P.Gopinath deepapgopinath at gmail.com
Sat May 22 08:10:33 PDT 2010

Dear all

Open defense of my Ph.d was on 20th may

My topic was related to adding prosody or rhythm to synthesized speech
in Malayalam. Specifically modifying duration of speech units to be
used for synthesis -  "Duration Analysis and modelling for text to
speech synthesis system in Malayalam". Synopsis of the work is
attached.

I would like to extend my work for developing speech related
applications in Malayalam - starting with a good database that can be
made available in public domain.

I need support from people from computational background. For the last
one year I tried to do some related work with students as a part of
their academic work. but being in electronics dept it is a bit
difficult.

In smc perhaps we can have a team of interested people.

I am also thinking of applying for fund from some Govt agency like DST
or so. then it would be easy for us. After having Ph.d it might be
possible to get hold of funds.

regards
deepa

--