[smc-discuss] [RFT] QTBUG #1887: Cons+Ra patch

Rajeesh K Nambiar rajeeshknambiar at gmail.com
Wed May 19 09:20:03 PDT 2010

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 8:39 PM, Santhosh Thottingal
<santhosh.thottingal at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 1:30 PM, Rajeesh K Nambiar
> <rajeeshknambiar at gmail.com> wrote:
>> This (one line) patch hopefully fixes remaining issues with Malayalam
>> rendering in Qt, or at least makes it behave like Pango does.
>>
>> Any brave souls out there to test this patch?
>> You need to checkout Qt master branch or latest 4.7 branch (git clone
>> git://gitorious.org/qt/qt.git ), compile and install it in (possibly
>> separate) prefix and test the rendering. Then apply this patch (git
>> apply <patch_name>), again compile, install, test it and verify it
>> works. If someone verifies it, we could upstream it.
>
> Rajeesh. great!
>
> I did not test, but a question after reading the patch:
> if we change indicPosition array, won't it affect other Indian
> languages too? If that is the case we need to verify that this does
> not affect anything else.

It will not, as there's IndicPosition for *each* language, and I just
modified for Malayalam. This was the first thing I tried out after
reading the code, but it didn't work that time. Now that one of Lars'
patch fixes it, I guess. But I'd like someone to verify that this
patch *really* fixes the issue before submitting upstream.

--
Cheers,
Rajeesh