[smc-discuss] IT Mission Programme in Malayalam language Technology , Today Tomorrow

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 01:27:14 PDT 2010

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 11:26 AM, Anivar Aravind
<anivar.aravind at gmail.com> wrote:

> Such a project that plans malayalam computing  for next 5 years must
> include  atleast following groups
>
> From Government & quasi Govt  :  Itmission, Bhasha Institute, sarva
> vijnana kosham , CDIT, CDAC , NIC,
> From Academics:  Dr Javahar & team fromCVIT.  IIIT Hyderabad,
> Malayalam Departments of Universities , Indic Computing research team
> in Thanjaore Tamil University, Various Experts , outside Universities
> From Industry:  Redhat, Microsoft, Google, Openoffice/Libreoffice ,
> Local industries working with malayalam computing such as OSSICS,
> ZYXWARE, Kriate,
> From FOSS Community: Swathanthra Malayalam computing , Malayalam Wiki
> Projects , DAKF,  SPACE
> From Civil society:  Various Individuals  who expressed interest in
> malayalam computing, Groups like Malayala Aikyavedi etc

A way to explore a richer variety of possible and feasible inputs
might be to encourage all the organizations and entities listed above
to have their own internal workshops and seminars and thereafter bring
the plans to the conference in the form of project plans.

Having the opportunity to sit through a few conferences similar in
scale I have found out, to my disappointment, that most
representatives end up talking and showing what is "now" than having
an intelligent discourse on what "is to be"

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog/>