[smc-discuss] Talks and Presentations about SMC

Santhosh Thottingal santhosh.thottingal at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 21:00:51 PDT 2010

Hi,
We know that we are getting requests for talk/presentation on our project in various public events. And often we try to attend such events. We ourself organize such public events too. This kind of public interactions are must for us to reach out people and make them aware of our activities. All of our team members are encouraged to talk about our efforts in public events. But please inform the community about such programs so that anybody interested in our community can also attend.

It is a bit odd to read about such talk details from other sources[1]. I hope everybody agree on this.

I am writing this now because I saw this report in Indian Express:
http://expressbuzz.com/states/kerala/seminar-on-technology-and-malayalam-held/210807.html

<quote>
KOCHI: The Malayalam Department of Maharajas College, in association with the Democratic Forum for Right to Knowledge, organised a one-day seminar on ‘Changes in Technology and Malayalam language’ on Tuesday.  The programme was aimed at developing a new technology to uplift the status of the Malayalam language.
[...]
The Forum has launched ‘Swathantra Malayalam Computing’, a programme to promote Malayalam, projecting the message ‘My language for my computer.’
</quote>

WTH?!

I came to know that there was a talk about SMC in that program. Definitely we want such talks to promote our efforts from our team members. But we don't want to read crap reports like the above one in next day. I am wondering what kind of presentation about smc was done at that event. But this report looks like a mistake from the reporter. Anyway we would like to hear about this from the organizers.

[1] http://lists.smc.org.in/pipermail/discuss-smc.org.in/2010-September/011488.html

Thanks
Santhosh Thottingal