[smc-discuss] Proposal to move our mailing list to freelists.org

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 03:33:09 PDT 2010

2010/9/14 Manilal K M <libregeek at gmail.com>:
> Please also declare a date for start using the new group address. Is
> it possible to automatically forward mails to discuss at smc.org.in from
> smc-discuss at googlegroups.com ?

http://twitter.com/psankar/status/24461203965

I have all mails in my inbox, we can use this mbox file to populate
mailman. Lets not do so many complicated settings. We will follow
these steps.

1. Import users from google groups.
2. Set google groups to archive mode.
3. start using mailman.

We can continue to send mailman mails to google groups for archiving.
We need to update gmane to take mails from new list. Same for
opensubscriber.

We have to announce a day for moving and coordinate over irc.

> It may also be nice to reject all mails to discuss at smc.org until the
> settings and archiving are complete. Otherwise it will confuse people
> and we may lose some threads.

Yes.
--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍