[smc-discuss] Proposal to move our mailing list to freelists.org

Manilal K M libregeek at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 22:59:03 PDT 2010

On 14 September 2010 11:08, Anivar Aravind <anivar.aravind at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 10:53 AM, Manilal K M <libregeek at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Done
>>> Created http://lists.smc.org.in/listinfo.cgi/discuss-smc.org.in
>>>
>>> discuss at lists.smc.org.in is the primary address . Mails to
>>> discuss at smc.org.in will be redirected to discuss at lists.smc.org.in
>>
>> This is a very good decision.
>> * We have to make sure that the Malayalam pages at GNOME and KDE
>> portals are updated with the new mailing list address.
>> * Translators should take care of the group's email address in the PO header.
>>

>>> Since we have a Gmane, It better to keep archive there itself.
>>> Or do we need to import it to new mailman?
>>
>> I think we should import the old messages to mailman and mirror it on
>> gmane and marc (I'm not sure whether they have unicode support).
>
> It is possible
> In the mean time we can use gmane as the archive

Please also declare a date for start using the new group address. Is
it possible to automatically forward mails to discuss at smc.org.in from
smc-discuss at googlegroups.com ?

It may also be nice to reject all mails to discuss at smc.org until the
settings and archiving are complete. Otherwise it will confuse people
and we may lose some threads.

regards
--
Manilal K M : മണിലാല്‍ കെ എം.