[smc-discuss] Fwd: [fsug-tvm] GRASS Malayalam Translation

ashik salahudeen aashiks at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 00:46:24 PDT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mohammed Rashad <mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com>
Date: 7 September 2010 13:45
Subject: [fsug-tvm] GRASS Malayalam Translation
To: "Free Software Users Group,  Thiruvananthapuram" <ilug-tvm at googlegroups.com>
Cc: mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com

Hi all,
  If anyone have free time after your jobs and wanted to contribute
something to opensource community you can do GRASS (GRASS, this is
free Geographic Information System (GIS) software used for geospatial
data management and analysis, image It doesnt need any programming
skills. you can checkout the grass source and do translation easily.
These are the .po files I translated
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/trunk/locale/po/grasswxpy_ml.po
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/trunk/locale/po/grasslibs_ml.po

Varamozhi is a good tool for translation. it has an online editor as
well as offline editor.
You need to type in manglish and it will be automatically converted to
malayalam.

http://varamozhi.appspot.com/assets/index.html
https://sites.google.com/site/cibu/linux

For the gui (grasswxpy.po) about 11% and grasslibs 12% of messages
have been translated by me.

 As I am busy with my works I can spend only a small amount of time in
translations :)
Volunteer are always welcomed. It doesn't need any programming skills.
Only people from kerala (Malayali) can do this job.

You can start from here
http://grass.fbk.eu/devel/i18n.php
http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_messages_translation

--
"Freedom is the only law".
"Freedom Unplugged"

ilug-tvm-unsubscribe at googlegroups.com

aashik

Mandatory Quote: "My one purpose in life is to serve as a warning to
others."  --  Jamie Zawinsky

Free your documents, use OpenOffice: http://openoffice.org and LaTeX :
http://www.latex-project.org/