[smc-discuss] Fwd: Typewriter Malayalam keyboard layout

Sebin Jacob sebinajacob at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 23:17:12 PDT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Amith K <amith.k.2008 at gmail.com>
Date: 22 September 2010 11:42
Subject: Re: [smc-discuss] Typewriter Malayalam keyboard layout
To: Sebin Jacob <sebinajacob at gmail.com>

I am Sudeep,

> 1) In the layout,  virama (chandrakkala) is mapped in two locations. One is
> at the (+) sign and the other is at the (\) sign. The position of (\) can be
> typed without shift. So I have a suggestion that, the other position (+) may
> be mapped for U+0D57 which is the ൌ without the െ in front of it.
> A) virama (chandrakkala) should be mapped at the (\) sign

> 2) Another thing is that, സ്റ്റ was there in the original layout given by
> supersoft at (|) position. But Ralminov had made it ക്‍ in his modification.
> So I too gave ക്‍ there. Should I place സ്റ്റ back there?

   A) Should I place സ്റ്റ back there?

3) Even if it is done so, there is another position available to map ക്‍.
> That is the (:) position where zws is mapped. As zws is not assigned for
> Malayalam, that place is actually vacant. So we can utilise it by adding ക്‍
> or സ്റ്റ as whichever layout you prefer.

   A)   At the (:) position ; and . are very much essential. So please try
another location

> 4) Also, can you please make it sure that, all the letters are mapped
> properly? Try with koottaksharams too.

    A)  Because of illness I did n't try it. I will install it and  send the
feed back. Once again thank u 4 ur effort.

Sebin sir, u said about mapping. I don't know the detail. if u give me the
things I am also interested. I know programming.
Another thing is, now I am developing a payroll in Visual Basic 4 my
institution. I am ready to distribute it after completion of the work.

--
Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth