[smc-discuss] IDN Malayalam

Santhosh Thottingal santhosh.thottingal at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 08:30:22 PDT 2011

Hi,

On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 2:30 PM, Mahesh Kulkarni <mdk at cdac.in> wrote:
> YES. We appreciate. We are awaiting for suitable dates from the Ministry
> as well. Hope to have the same by this month end or March 1st week

Quoting N Ravi Shankar, joint secretary at the Department of
Information Technology,  as read at
http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report_urls-in-7-regional-languages-soon_1528401

[...]
The government, he said, has applied for similar allotments in other
regional languages such as Malayalam, Marathi and Kannada. “We are
likely to get them in the coming months.”
[...]

Just wanted to know whether CDAC  has any plan to correct the
completely wrong Malayalam IDN guidelines. Sorry to see that even
after 3 months, we don't get a solution for the issues we raised.

Thanks
Santhosh Thottingal