[smc-discuss] Incorrect display of Malayalam in Terminal (Ubuntu 10.04)

Ershad K ershad92 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 08:33:17 PST 2011

Manu M G wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am not able to see Malayalam words in Ubuntu Terminal. Please check the
> screenshot attached.
> Can anyone please guide me what i have to do for fixing it?

Unfortunately we don't have a proper solution for correct rendering of
indic fonts in GNOME terminal. But in Konsole (KDE, Kubuntu), Malayalam
renders well.

Using emacs, there are some solutions to render Malayalam in terminal.
Please see the link[0] and its related threads.

[0] http://is.gd/k5NcR

Greetings,
Ershad K