[smc-discuss] ചില്ലക്ഷരങ്ങളുടെ രാഷ്ട്രീയം

Mahesh T. Pai paivakil at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 10:00:39 PST 2011

> It's high time to free the standards from corporate
> interests and dictatorship. We really need a community controlled
> standard in which people from all walks can participate and
> contribute.

No offence meant, but I am amused by these and other similar comments.

Almost 10 years back, when the community decided to implement the
sequence published by Microsoft in their OpenType Specifications (rather
than what Microsoft themselves implemented), I had expressed some
reservations.

Now, happy to note that we are moving this direction.