[smc-discuss] Preparing new version of our fonts

Santhosh Thottingal santhosh.thottingal at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 04:17:42 PST 2012

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 2:16 PM, hari krishnan <pvh.krishnan at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi all
>
> Would like to know what is the version of Unicode font used by all Malayalam
> Unicode users. Seen so many version of Unicode while reading about Unicode
> in Wikipedia.

I think you are a bit unclear about the concepts or you meant to ask
what version of Unicode is followed in the unicode based Malayalam
fonts.
The latest version of Unicode standard is 6.1.
Malayalam font usually takes some amount of time to catch up latest
version of the unicode because sometimes it will involve designing new
glyphs(character shapes).

In general you can say most of the fonts partially support Unicode
5.1.0. ie, not all characters in 5.1.0 may not be there in font, but
mostly.

I am talking about latest available version of fonts, people might use
older version of the fonts, or whatever coming with operating system.

Thanks
Santhosh