[smc-discuss] Malayalam fonts 5.0

Santhosh Thottingal santhosh.thottingal at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 21:47:16 PST 2012

I found one bug in DOT REPH mapping. Some of the 'akhn' rule entries
were not working properly( eg: ഭാൎയ്യ). I fixed it partially and
available in git. We might need to do a minor release if I can fix it
soon.

Thanks Rajeesh, for the RPM for testing. I saw the the release is
already uploaded to Debian. GNU Freefont is also updating
freefont-sans and freefont-serif with new version.

if anybody want to help, see
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/smc/fonts.git/commit/?id=c4c0b2517ac1bdad74af30cf8402583ad09c5d33
and search for

+Ligature2: "'akhn' Akhand in Malay+AQEA-lam lookup 1 subtable" uni0D4E y1 xx y1
This alone is not working while all other dot reph rules are working.

Thanks
Santhosh