[smc-discuss] Malayalam fonts 5.0

Santhosh Thottingal santhosh.thottingal at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 01:25:44 PDT 2012

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 1:40 PM, Sebin Jacob <sebinajacob at gmail.com> wrote:
> The new fonts are now available in the testing repository of Chakra Linux. I
> have installed them. Just checked for the chillus - atomic and not atomic
> with regular, bold, italic and bold italic styles in that sequence.
> Attaching the results. There is visual difference between atomic and non
> atomic chillus. Is it intended so?

No. In the 5.1.0 version, we touched only Meera and Rachana. In the
next version we are planning to upgrade other fonts too. So you see a
visual difference when fonts other than Meera or Rachana is used. This
is because that fonts does not have atomic chillu chacracters, and
fallback fonts are used. So you see the visual difference.

-Santhosh