[smc-discuss] Anish started maintaining a package in debian (Re: Nandaja Verma is a new debian contributor!)

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 05:10:05 PDT 2012

2012/11/1 Praveen A <pravi.a at gmail.com>

> Hi Folks,
>
> I just uploaded Nandaja Verma's new debian package to debian[1]! This
> has been the result of many days of hard work from her side learning
> packaging. She was not only learning, but also helping others with
> their packaging work. I'm happy to see her package in NEW queue today
> and looking forward to more contributions from her. I also hope hope
> her work would inspire more of you to start maintaining packages or
> contribute to Free Software in many other ways.
>
> I suggest abacus folks organize a session with her to share her
> experience and later sessions to learn packaging from her.
>
> For those who are not from abacus, Nandaja Verma is a student of NSS
> Engineering college Palakkad.
>
> Congratulations again and thanks for contributing to debian and Free
> Software. You have made diaspora one package closer to entering in
> debian!
>
> [1] http://ftp-master.debian.org/new/ruby-columnize_0.3.6-1.html
>
> Note: We have live packaging sessions every night at 10pm on our irc
> channel #debian-diaspora on irc.oftc.net or login directly to
> http://mibbit.com/?channel=%23debian-diaspora&server=irc.oftc.net
>
> Come and learn packaging any time. See http://piratepad.net/tu0H1eU2vH
> for more details.

Just uploaded Anish's package today and he is also completed his package in
the live sessions we run every night. He is not new to debian, he was
already contributing to Debian Installer Malayalam translations. I'm happy
to see him maintain packages too.

Anish is already active in many Free Software communities already -
Swathnthra Malayalam Computing and Indian Libre Users Group Trivandrum to
name a few. He runs a company which offers web hosting  completely on Free
Software.

Congrats Anish!

--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
You have to keep reminding your government that you don't get your rights