[smc-discuss] [smc/fonts] 4830a9: Remov wrong prebase substitution rule for เดฌเต เด...

Rajeesh K Nambiar rajeeshknambiar at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 12:50:38 PDT 2013

On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 6:37 PM, Santhosh Thottingal
<santhosh.thottingal at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sunday, March 31, 2013, Rajeesh K Nambiar wrote:
>>
>> I agree. After the (r4 <= r3 xx) pstf for mlym is applied, there
>> indeed (per my understanding and testing as of now) will only be r4. I
>> was planning to rewrite them as part of mlym-mlm2 consolidation.
>
> Ok.

And... that seems to be breaking rendering on Windows 7. Example - പ്ര
is rendered as പ്‌‌ര - Pa, Virama, separate Ra. Seems to be due to the
'half' forms; adding back the 'pres' rule for 'p1xx r1' does fix it.

>> Nevertheless, I'm trying to find the magical recipe for making the
>> fonts work for both mlym and mlm2 opentype specifications, and we
>> might need some changes to these rules altogether. I believe it would
>> be best to hold off for some time before making these wide ranging
>> changes, what do you think?

I now have a version of Rachana which works great on Harfbuzz
(mlm2/mlym) and Windows XP SP3 (mlym) but doesn't work correctly on
Windows 7 - the only issue is Ra again, it seems to be expecting the
half forms for independent consonants. But for conjuncts, I'm clueless
- because ക്ത്ര is displayed as 'r4 k1th1' but ക്ത്രോ is correct! May
be complex interaction of 'pref/pres/psts' rules, dunno.
What would we want to do with Win 7?

--
Cheers,
Rajeesh