[smc-discuss] Proposal to use loom.io as a decision making tool

Anivar Aravind anivar.aravind at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 19:26:43 PDT 2013

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 10:22 PM, Anish A <aneesh.nl at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2013/9/30 Anish A <aneesh.nl at gmail.com>:
> > 2013/7/1 Praveen A <pravi.a at gmail.com>:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I would like to propose we use loom.io for decision making. It is a
> Free
> >> Software tool created for groups like us. Diaspora community already
> use it
> >> successfully.
> >>

> > My opinion is to use loomio only to vote on SMC's administrative
> > affairs to achieve transparency among SMC members. I suggest to
> > include only official members to that group. So that voting can take
> > place in that.
>
> Does anyone have any better suggestion or idea? Or should we use the
> current system itself?

Every administrative affairs have various aspects of privacy . That need to
be respected
I suggest traditional model with  a board list and members list (with
private archives)

> > Now, praveen's concern is I have created the group and deactivated
> > without obtaining permission from anyone. I admit that its my mistake.
> > I suggest to continue discussion and voting in mailing list itself
> > till we solve the concerns regarding loomio.
>
> I hope your concern is solved, as I found no reply. You can
> initiate/continue discussion regarding loomio and get conscience from
> community, if you would like to see loomio as a decision making tool.
> After that, you can notify me to activate it back. I have that data
> safe with me.

I am not comfortable much with spending too much time on web based tools.
Hope we can discuss this matters in General body and Hope some one can
present a demo of loomio as a session

~ regards
Anivar