[smc-discuss] Boxfile for tesseract and Malayalam letters with expanded spacing

Anivar Aravind anivar.aravind at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 08:25:54 PDT 2013

Dear Baiju ,

Have you checked this
https://code.google.com/p/tesseractindic/downloads/detail?name=tesseract_trainer.beta.tar.gz&can=2&q=

THis is a tool to automatically generate the files required by
tesseract-ocr for adding support to a new script. This tool takes as
input a file containing all characters of the alphabet, and a
directory of all different fonts. It then generates several tif images
and corresponding box files, and then proceeds to generate the 5
training files:

inttemp
normproto
unicharset
Microfeat
pffmtable

I dont know all of them needed for cyrrent version .
But I think it is worth to go through Debayan's previous work at
https://sites.google.com/site/debayanin/hackingtesseract