[smc-discuss] Diaspora Yatra across India to promote community owned communication infrastructures

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 22:20:34 PST 2014

2013/12/29 Praveen A <pravi.a at gmail.com>:
> 2013/11/29 Praveen A <pravi.a at gmail.com>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We'll be traveling across India to promote diaspora* and community
>> owned infrastructure. Let us know if you can help us in any way.
>
> We are having two planning meetups, one in Delhi and one in Mumbai.
>
> Delhi - Jan 4. http://www.meetup.com/Diaspora/Delhi-IN/1078042/

There was only one more person who was interested and we had already
met, so this meeting was cancelled. Either no one in Delhi care enough
about this issue or more likely everyone is busy with other important
things.

> Mumbai - http://www.meetup.com/Diaspora/Mumbai-IN/1078062/

Hopefully the response is better in Mumbai.

> Please organize more meetups near you and build local teams. Please
> host a meetup near you, wherever you are, and share it in your
> network. We need to build a grass roots campaign to take diaspora to
> the masses and I need support from all of you to make it successful.
>
> We got our campaign website up at http://yatra.diasporafoundation.org
> and we are looking for organizational partners to take it forward. Let
> me know if your organization can help the campaign in any way. It
> could be as simple as hosting a diaspora meetup in your office or
> putting a campaign poster in your website. Limit is only your
> imagination.

There was some interest in Bangalore and I hope they organize a
meeting soon and plan local activities.

Praveen
--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍