[smc-discuss] [fosscomm] Delhi government for free software

Narendra Sisodiya narendra at narendrasisodiya.com
Mon Jan 20 00:23:43 PST 2014

2014/1/20 Sanjeev Gupta <ghane0 at gmail.com>

> On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 1:01 PM, Narendra Sisodiya <
> narendra at narendrasisodiya.com> wrote:
>
>> First of all, One indian govt body must be formed which will be
>> responsible for creating a FREE (mukt) Distro for Indian specific use case.
>> It can be fork from Debian. It must include all possible hardware driver
>> which are FREELY (mukt) available ! Govt must blacklist and ban all other
>> hardware. If any company want to sell new hardware , it must approach to
>> that Indian body and get a certificate that new hardware is completely
>> working  with latest release of Indian Free OS.
>>

> Excellent.  But why stop only at Hardware and Software Ban Lists.
>
> Why shouldn't the Govt ban all but one model of car (Ambassador) and
> scooter (Bajaj)?  And one ISP only, please.

You cannot compare Car and Operating system !
Like we have one syllabus or math or history statewise or nationwise, we
must have one OS for Govt use case, I never said every Bharatiya must adopt
it.
What kind of Freedom you are talking about when there will be no use of
such Freedom product.
I have full faith in traditional Bharatiya family culture where Father
impose certain restriction for good of their children and society, some
modern people may call this dictatorship and feel happy when both father
and son get wines together and says you have freedom to choose your life
path.
coming back to the point, I like dictatorship where Govt may dictate single
OS for education or govt purpose rather then Freedom choice windows.

See, most of the computer professional work very well, when we provide
Freedom. Freedom to computer professional is equal to dictatorship of
computer professional from the view point of management. Similarly a good
person become a leader and if he want to impose good things then I see this
as Freedom of Leader rather then dictatorship of Leader.

I prefer 5-10 Linux distro with major share in market with 0% share of
windows rather then
Freedom choice 4000 Linux distro with 1% share in market.

> And once we are rid of Microsoft, I think we should also ban Ubuntu and
> Fedora.  Debian, pure and simple, the One True GNU/Linux.
>
> Any pals of Atul Chitnis around, who remember when there was a Govt list
> of what modems we could connect to phone lines?
>
> The problem with a benevolent dictatorship is that the dictator gets to
> decide who is benevolent to.  And the Govt Department might be nicer (or
> more amenable) to Mr Gates, than to Mr Sisodiya.
>
> --
> Sanjeev Gupta
> +65 98551208     http://www.linkedin.com/in/ghane

│  नरेन्द्र सिसोदिया