[smc-discuss] [Fsmk-discuss] [fosscomm] Kontalk - encryption, as easy as whatsapp!

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 23:44:16 PST 2014

2014/1/21, ബാലശങ്കര്‍ സി <c.balasankar at gmail.com>:
> But does Cryptotat provide anonymity?? What I inferred from what Praveen
> told is that, not even Kontalk guys can identify our number. Cryptocat
> doesn't hide our IP na? Or am I mistaken?

Balu,

Anonymity is a different issue than privacy. The problem we are trying
to solve is people reading our private conversations.

Use tor if you want anonymity. Yesterday we had a very nice discussion
at IITB about these issues and one of the things I learned is the
ability of tor to take tor traffic inside the http traffic, anyone
looking at the packets will only see big files being downloaded or
uploaded!
--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
You have to keep reminding your government that you don't get your rights