[smc-discuss] hack to learn, learn to hack session at mohandas college

Pirate Praveen pravi.a at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 07:22:29 PST 2014

They were familiar with symmetric key encryption and I explain about
public key cryptography and web of trust.

Compared to my experience with GEC Thrissur and CET tvm, there was not
much awareness about privacy. No one had heard about Edward Snowden
and I was surpriced no one knew about Julian Assange or even
wikileaks.

I tried to bring their attention to being watched all the time and
people knowing everything they do on the internet. They were all
living in a happy world of milk, honey and roses. I don't know how to
explain privacy to them.

So I just talked about diaspora as a better way of providing social networking.

I told them about save poddery campaign and showed our video. Anish is
a superstar there as all girls recognized him on screen.