[smc-discuss] Dot-Reph character in the keyboard layout

Baiju M baiju.m.mail at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 07:02:41 PST 2014

On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 7:42 PM, Santhosh Thottingal
<santhosh00 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 03/02/2014 05:41 PM, Baiju M wrote:
>
>> Is Inscript 2 is fully backward compatible with Inscript ?
>

> No. See http://wiki.smc.org.in/CDAC-Inscript-Critique

So what is the SMC recommended non-phonetic input method for Malayalam ?

If Inscript cannot be modified further, how do we address
these kind of issues ? Can we create another one which is compatible with
Inscript.  (When I say "compatible", I mean retain existing Malayalam
character position in the layout and add new characters in the unused positions)

Is there any other characters that need to be added ?
(Dot-Reph, Rupee symbol or anything else ?)

Regards,
Baiju M