[smc-discuss] Dot-Reph character in the keyboard layout

Baiju M baiju.m.mail at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 07:34:25 PST 2014

On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 8:35 PM, Rajeesh K Nambiar
<rajeeshknambiar at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 4:02 PM, Baiju M <baiju.m.mail at gmail.com> wrote:
[...snip...]
>> So what is the SMC recommended non-phonetic input method for Malayalam ?
>>
>> If Inscript cannot be modified further, how do we address
>> these kind of issues ? Can we create another one which is compatible with
>> Inscript.  (When I say "compatible", I mean retain existing Malayalam
>> character position in the layout and add new characters in the unused positions)
>>
>> Is there any other characters that need to be added ?
>> (Dot-Reph, Rupee symbol or anything else ?)
>
> Rupee symbol is already added, saw that in the files.

Okay. Hrishi mentioned me that Rupee symbol could be based on this:
http://tdil.mit.gov.in/pdf/keyboard/keyboard%20standard2.pdf

BTW, I am not able to enter Rupee symbol in my system (Fedora 20)
This is what given in the m17n file for Inscript:

I tried "Right Alt + 4", "Ctrl + Alt + 4", may be AltGr is not working
in my system ?

Regards,
Baiju M