[smc-discuss] [fsug-tvm] Re: Open source -Remote administration tool?

sooraj kenoth soorajkenoth at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 23:49:20 PST 2014

Thanks for the instant reply.
:-)

>>> If you are administering only Linux machines, SSH with port-forwarding
>>> should be enough.. you don't even need VNC. And if you use
>>> X forwarding, you
>>> http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/XDMCP-HOWTO/ssh.html
>>> http://forrestbao.blogspot.com/2008/01/connecting-your-remote-
>>> linux-desktop.html

I think this will solve my issue. It seems more efficient in terms of
resource usage and simplicity. Let me try it.

-----

>> http://jrdesktop.sourceforge.net/

Need flash-plugin???

----

> iTalc may be the right choice.This tool is mainly designed for
> Educational purpose. But it can used for normal remote
> management activites too.

As far as my understanding iTalc is VNC clone.

--
Regards
Sooraj Kenoth