[smc-discuss] Other Free Fonts with Malayalam Glyphs

Baiju M baiju.m.mail at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 09:14:36 PDT 2014

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 5:23 PM, Santhosh Thottingal
<santhosh.thottingal at gmail.com> wrote:
[...snip...]
> IMO It takes
> a lot of effort to bring back it in a functional form. Distros are shipping
> a broken version and I hear complaints about this every time. Uninstall GNU
> FreeFont was the advice I used to give, even though I am sad about it.

I spend few hours to figure out the issue with GNU Freefont in my
newly installed Debian.
So definitely this would be affecting other new Debian users.  I
haven't came across this issue
with Fedora or Ubuntu.  Probably those distros may not be installing
this font by default.

Regards,
Baiju M