[smc-discuss] ZWS vs ZWNJ for Malayalam input

Baiju M baiju.m.mail at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 21:36:56 PDT 2014

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 9:30 AM, Santhosh Thottingal
<santhosh.thottingal at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, March 12, 2014, Baiju M <baiju.m.mail at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I have attached a patch here to remove ZWS from XKB keyboard map for
>> Malayalam.
>> Please review it.  Any idea where I can send this patch ?
>

> The trailing commas in arrays in the patch does not look right.
>
>  key <AB02> { [ U0d02 ,  ] }
>  key <AB09> { [ period     ,  ] };
>
> Also for AB02, the line is not ending with semicolumn.

Good catch!

I noticed, if we leave the second position (shift key) blank,  the
character in the first
position is also repeated in the second position. In this case,
"." and "shift + ." is same and "x" and "shift x" is same.
Should we place ">" and "X" in those places as it is in the US layout ?

> I could not get it
> working by just changing the files. Do I need to restart some service to get
> changes reflected?

I think it should reflect immediately unless there is an error in the file.

Regards,
Baiju M