[smc-discuss] Like to bring all your attention related IT policy of some of the state funded institutions

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 07:06:35 PDT 2014

On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 7:27 PM, Jahfar Ali <jahfar.ali at gmail.com> wrote:
> I came to know that some of the public funded institutions like C-DIT and
> CDAC,Tvm has statutory regulation against to open up their source code as
> well as other product information for public. So, none of their language
> computing source code or data is available for public, even for research or
> social cause.

I was not aware that there exists a written policy preventing the
source code(base) being made available under a libre license. The
"products" are however available under a somewhat awkward license that
is called GPL but restricted to personal use. Or, perhaps the
situation has changed in recent times, I'd like to know.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<https://twitter.com/#!/sankarshan>