[smc-discuss] Facebook and Google spy on you

Pirate Praveen praveen at onenetbeyond.org
Wed Nov 5 23:23:16 PST 2014

On Thursday 06 November 2014 10:06 AM, Akshay S Dinesh wrote:
> Hypothetical question:
> "If there's a free software which works as good as a proprietary
> software, which one would you use?"

Even when Free Software works less than optimum than their corresponding
proprietary options, I would choose Free Software, because I can always
improve Free Software.

If you want Freedom and features, if you starts with proprietary
software, you will never have Freedom.

I chose jabber/xmpp even when whatsapp or telegram works better now,
because I will be able to add those features to jabber/xmpp (I want to
do it). But when I chose whatsapp or telegram, I will never have freedom.