[smc-discuss] Facebook and Google spy on you

Akshay S Dinesh asdofindia at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 09:28:58 PST 2014

RMS does not even use a cellphone. He's the definition of paranoid.
But we should all be paranoid :P

Praveen, you said we're forced to use WhatsApp, facebook to not miss the
interaction. But we can still make that choice. That's why I said British
India is not a nice analogy. If people were tired of Britain, they couldn't
just choose to be not ruled by Britain. On the other hand if you use
McDonald's analogy, you can explain things easier. When everyone of your
friend goes to McDonald's you are forced to go there (even though the food
is less healthy and more expensive), but you can still convince everyone to
have food in your house.